Franklin Logistics started in 1985 with Craig and William Nitterhouse started Franklin Storage. Our first warehouse was at 2294 Molly Pitcher Highway. Bob Scott, our first warehouse employee, is still working for us 34 years later. Our first customer was Corning-Glassware & Westvaco Paper, using rolls and skids.
In 1995, we forged our partnership with CSX railroads at our warehouse at 1465 Nitterhouse Drive.
We purchased our first truck and trailers in 2011. Our fleet now consists of 65 trailers, vans, and flats, with more on the way. Our first driver, Edwin, is still working with us today.
As our clients grow, so have we. Over the years, we have built or developed 8 buildings, totaling over 5 million sq feet. As the business evolved from storing products to being a 3PL provider and an industrial developer, we changed our name to Franklin Logistics & Development in 2014.